ColourPop is taking over the beauty world. Maybe I’m exaggerating a little but it seems like it. Kathleen from Kathleenlights on YouTube put out a Lippie with ColourPop called Lumière. I knew that I must have it. If you don’t know who she is the you need to go watch her videos right this second. She has such a fun personality and seems very down to earth. As you can tell I would probably buy anything she puts out but this Lippie Stix is amazing.I had heard the formulation of the Lippie Stixs were amazing but I can’t rave enough how amazing this really is. I love Matte lipsticks but sometimes they dry out my lips but Lumière is creamy and feels moisturizing. I put it on in the morning and didn’t have to reapply until late afternoon and to me that’s amazing. Lets talk about the color of this because Lumière is right up my ally. I love neutrals but this is like a neutral with a twist. I say this because its still neutral and wearable but its a color that I’ve never owned and I own a lot of neutral lipsticks. The most awesome thing about the Lumière Lippie Stix is that it’s only five dollars. This is a high quality product with a budget price and I love that.
About two years ago I discovered this brand on a trip to the UK and fell in love with their nail polish. I thought that’s the only thing they sold. After I was back in the states I discovered that it was actually a full line of makeup products but then sort of forgot about it. Well last year I rediscovered this company and actually bought the In the Buff Palette and the In the Nude palette which I did a full review here. http://floridafashionbabes.com/2014/11/05/urban-decay-naked-2-dupe/ This company is based out of London. It was created so that every women can have affordable high quality makeup. I love the concept. It has grown and grown over the years and now carries over five hundred fabulous products.This month I tried four new amazing products that I have to share. The Angel Eyes Palette is beautiful. The pigmentation of these shadows match up to high end eye shadows. The shimmers are especially creamy and easy to apply. The lipstick Red Tulip, which makes no sense because its pink, is lovely. Its creamy and glides onto your lips easily. Night Glow is a highlighter that gives you a beautiful pop of iridescence to your cheek bones. The Absolute Lashes is a great mascara it lengthens really well and I tend to go over it with my Maybelline the Rocket Mascara to make my lashes look a little fuller. I swatched two shades of the Angel Eyes Palette, Night Glow, and Red Tulip to show you just how amazing these are.
Hey everyone! Its time to announce the giveaway winner! The winner is…Marae from https://thealwaysfabulous.wordpress.com/. I will be emailing you! Congrats!
Yet again another amazing Ipsy bag. I have been obsessed with my glam bags the last few months. I feel like Ipsy has stepped up their game. This months was so cute and I got some great stuff!
Hope you enjoyed!
I’m going to be honest and say I’ve never owned anything Tarte until this palette. It’s a bit crazy because Tarte is an amazing brand that everyone loves. This Bon voyage palette is gorgeous and I’ve been using it a lot lately so I thought I would share my thoughts.
As you can see this palette is quite natural which is right up my ally. It’s also French themed which I love. It comes with 20 different shades that are all super wearable. When I’m finding a good eyeshadow there are two things that are important to me and those are that the eyeshadow is pigmented and that it is creamy. I love when you can put on a eyeshadow and it just meshes into your skin. I hate chalky and dusty eyeshadows. In this Tarte palette all the eyeshadows have gorgeous pigmentation and are creamy so they blend perfectly.
Drugstore dupes for high end products can be amazing. It’s a great feeling when you get a makeup product that’s pretty much the same as a high end item for a for a fraction of the price. Today I’m going to be comparing the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation to the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.
Both foundations pretty much claim to do the same kind of things. They claim to give you an even natural complexion, to blur blemishes, and to feel weightless on your skin. Both of these foundations both give my skin an even complexion which is great but for me when it comes to foundations it about how long they last. The UD Naked Skin last way longer than the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. The consistency of the UD foundation is super thin and super easy to blend into my skin. The Revlon foundation is thicker than Urban Decay but still thin. I find this one easy to blend with a buffing brush. Revlon claims this foundation to feel weightless but I find it to feel a bit heavy on my skin where as Naked Skin makes me feel like I have no makeup on. The price of the Naked Skin is $39 and the price of Nearly Naked is $10.99. The last thing to add is Nearly Naked contains sunscreen and Naked Skin does not. Whether you like sunscreen in your foundation varies from person to person.
To splurge or save? I would say to splurge. Nearly Naked isn’t a bad foundation but it’s no where near as good as Urban Decays Naked Skin foundation. Hope you enjoyed!
I’ve had this blush and bronzer set for about a month now. It was sort of a impulse buy. I was literally walking out of the e.l.f studio store, after spending way to much money already, and saw this beauty. I grabbed it real quick and bought it for $15. After being home for a bit I realized I had never even opened it. So this week I intentionally started to use it everyday to try it out and now I love it. I do need to add that under the blushes there is an eye palette but I have not used it this is strictly the blush and bronzer.
This palette comes with 5 blushes and 5 bronzers. The blushes are gorgeous. They are pigmented and creamy. The first three are my personal favorites. The bronzers are very pigmented as well. They are perfect for warming up my face. I am very pale and I actually use some of these bronzers which makes me beyond happy.
I’m now so happy I bought this. Sometimes impulse buys can be really bad and I usually don’t like to buy makeup without back knowledge but for $15 I thought I might as well. If you are interested in this you can buy it online. Here is the link eyeslipsface.com/sets-and-palettes/Palettes 50_Piece_Makeup_Artist_Palette
I love foundations. Plain and simple. Out of all my makeup I believe I own more foundations than anything else. It’s because I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Is it out there? I’ll let you know if I figure it out. Until then I do have some drugstore foundations that I love.
1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation: This claims to be a light reflecting foundation which means it should go perfectly with your skin. Out of all the foundation that will be mentioned I go back to this one constantly. I found my love for this foundation at the beginning of 2014 and have now repurchased this 3 times. That probably gives you an idea of how much I love it. It’s makes my skin look flawless and last all day. Plus it’s a really great price coming in at $5.99.
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: This one was a recommendation from Essiebutton. Of course Bourjois is not available in the U.S so I ordered this one online. This stuff is amazing. It’s radiance boosting and is suppose to be good for your skin. When I wear this foundation it always feels so light on my skin. Plus just gives me an even complexion. It’s a little pricey, at 14.95, for a drugstore foundation but it’s worth it. If you are interested in purchasing this and you live in the U.S this where I bought it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005IEH5W4/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1421076499&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation: This is a recent favorite of mine. This foundation stands out to me because of it’s staying power. It really does stay on for a long time. It does everything a foundation is supposed to do. It claims to be full coverage but I would call it medium coverage. Its a great foundation for those who need their makeup to last a super long time. I picked this one up for $6.99.
4. Revlon Photoready Foundation: I love the coverage and feel of this foundation. It’s perfect if you know you are going to be taking a lot of pictures. It’s light weight but still gives you that full coverage look. It’s very smooth and easy to apply. I believe that I purchased this one for $10.99.
5. e.l.f Acne Fighting Foundation: This foundation is so underrated to me. I recently picked this up at the e.l.f Studio store in Soho because I had heard a little about it. This has great coverage and is super light on the skin. This foundation does have some harsh acne fighting chemicals in it so I only wear this on really bad skin days. The price of this foundation was $6.
Hey everyone! I have decided to do another giveaway and I’m so excited about this one. At the end of 2014 I fell in love with the brand Tarte. I had never used any Tarte products before and I feel like I missed out big time. Since I’m currently loving Tarte so much I decided to giveaway a eyeshadow palette from them. It’s the Tarte Golden Days and Sultry Nights palette. So read on to find out rules and details!
You must be 18 yrs or older. Only open to Unites States residents. All you have to do is follow this blog and leave a comment with your email address. This giveaway will run from January 9, 2015 to January 23, 2015. A winner will be picked randomly. I will post who won. Then will be in contact with that person shortly after. So make sure you leave your email address in the comments. Here’s what you’ll win!
This year I’ve decided to focus on skincare more than I’ve done in the past. As you know I love makeup and its a passion. But good skincare is the key to good makeup. This year I’ve decided to spend more time and money on skincare rather than makeup.
I recently have been using a brand that you can get at Sephora called First Aid Beauty. This brand is chemical free and is perfect for those with allergies. I’ve been using First Aid Beauty since the beginning of January and I can tell a difference in my skin already. My challenge to you is before you put on all that makeup make sure you are taking care of yourself and your skin.